In today’s highly competitive business landscape, the demand for compelling content has never been more critical for the success of your business.
Small business owners, marketing directors, and agency owners are constantly pressured to produce high-quality copywriting for website content that engages audiences while controlling costs.
Hiring in-house writers is not an option for many business professionals, as the cost to find, train, and retain full-time staff has grown over the past few years. Outsourcing copywriting tasks has become popular because it connects you to someone outside your organization to write great content for you and your business.
You may be thinking about alternatives to hiring a full-time copywriter, or you want to learn more about outsourcing copywriting. Either way, this article will give you the information you need to get the content while maintaining a competitive advantage in the market.
Why outsource copywriting services?
Outsourcing your copywriting needs can benefit you immediately, regardless of your business or the market you serve.
If you are under pressure to produce high-quality content that drives traffic and sales without taking on the overhead and headaches of a full-time employee, then outsourcing copywriting is the perfect solution for you.
Not only will you receive great content that helps you rank online, but you will also see other benefits like:
- Cost savings: Outsourcing can save your business a significant amount of money. The cost of hiring an in-house copywriter can be prohibitive for many small businesses, especially those that are just starting. Outsourced copywriting can help your businesses save money without sacrificing quality.
- Access to a broader pool of talent: Gain access to a wider pool of talent. Many talented copywriters work freelance or for agencies around the world. By outsourcing your content creation needs, your businesses can tap into this talent pool and find the perfect writer for your needs at a price you can afford.
- Expertise: Give your businesses access to the expertise of experienced writers. Many freelance writers have years of experience writing for your industry and they know how to write good copy for your business. This expertise can be invaluable for businesses creating high-quality content that resonates with your audience.
- Flexibility: Outsourced copywriting options offer great flexibility for pricing and production to help you meet your business needs. For example, you can quickly increase or decrease content production based on the needs of your business or those of your clients.
Not only does outsourcing your copywriting needs save you money compared to hiring an in-house employee, but it also grants you the flexibility to expand your services and fuel the growth of your business.
Still interested in outsourcing copywriting for your business needs? If so, continue reading to learn how outsourcing copywriting tasks can benefit your unique business needs.
How can outsourced copywriting services help your business?
As discussed in the previous section, your business can enjoy immediate benefits when outsourcing your content needs instead of hiring an in-house copywriter.
We discussed the general benefits of outsourcing copywriting, and here we will talk about specific benefits outsourcing copywriting offers small business owners, marketing directors, and marketing agency owners.
Small business owners
Small business owners have limited time and resources to commit to their marketing needs. If you are a small business owner then you have a lot of items to handle throughout the day like customer issues, delivering services for your clients, or handling a million other items waiting for you to address daily.
You may think that you can take content writing on yourself, but the truth is that it can take a lot of time to learn how to research, write, and optimize content for search engines and readers. You can waste a lot of time by writing content that doesn’t get found or get you results, so it is best to keep the copywriting side of your business to the pros.
By leveraging the expertise of outsourced copywriters, you can enhance your online presence and overall business performance.
Marketing directors often need to fill knowledge gaps or manage projects without the burden of recruiting and retaining a professional writer on their team.
Outsourcing provides access to skilled writing experts who can seamlessly integrate with the marketing team, bringing their expertise and fresh perspectives.
Outsourced copywriting solutions eliminate the need for marketing directors to personally handle digital marketing, freeing up their time to focus on other critical aspects of their role, such as strategy development, campaign management, and performance analysis.
By leveraging outsourced copywriting services, marketing managers can enhance their team’s capabilities and achieve their marketing objectives more efficiently.
Marketing agency owners
Marketing agency owners face the challenge of producing great content at scale for their clients while protecting their margins. If you need to provide excellent content for your clients while protecting your agency’s margins, you should consider outsourcing copywriting tasks instead of hiring an in-house employee.
By outsourcing copywriting, marketing agency owners can access writing experts who can help improve online rankings and drive qualified leads for their client’s success.
Plus, outsourced content can help you expand the services you can offer your clients so you can upsell them and bolster their existing marketing strategy.
If you want to provide outstanding services to your clients at a fraction of the cost (and risk) of hiring a full-time employee, consider outsourcing content tasks to a trusted writing service.
Outsourcing vs. in-house copywriting
Now that we have talked about how outsourcing your content needs to a freelancer can help your business, I want to look at the pros and cons of outsourcing copywriting.
Small business owner
As a small business owner, leveraging outsourced copywriting can help you produce content that will get you found online and drive qualified leads to your website.
Outsourcing offers access to expert writers, potential cost savings, and flexible scalability, allowing you to focus on core business functions.
Pros of outsourced copywriting
- Access to specialized skills and experiences: Outsourced copywriters have diverse backgrounds and expertise. This means you can access a variety of writing styles and industry-specific knowledge to tailor your content better.
- Flexibility in scaling content production: Outsourcing lets you quickly adjust your content production volume. This can be especially beneficial during peak seasons or promotional periods.
- Reduce overhead costs: Outsourcing eliminates the need for in-house resources such as workspace, equipment, and additional employee benefits. This can result in significant cost savings.
- More time to focus on core business activities: By delegating writing tasks, business owners can concentrate more on strategic planning and other critical operational activities.
Cons of outsourced copywriting
- Potential communication issues: Working with remote teams can sometimes lead to misunderstandings or delays in communication, which may impact project timelines.
- Quality control can be more challenging: Ensuring consistent quality can be difficult when working with outsourced teams. This might require more rigorous review processes at the beginning of your working relationship with a writer.
- Writers may need training: Outsourced copywriters may not be as familiar with your brand, its nuances, and its voice, which could impact the authenticity of your messaging.
As a marketing director, considering outsourced copywriting could be a strategic move to help you grow your team and impress stakeholders. It brings diverse expertise to your marketing efforts, enables flexibility in content production, and can be a cost-effective solution, enhancing the overall efficiency of your campaigns.
Pros of outsourced copywriting
- A broad range of expertise: Outsourced copywriters have diverse skills and experiences across industries and content types. This allows you to tap into a vast pool of talent and expertise to enhance your marketing content’s effectiveness and reach.
- Scalability: Depending on your campaign requirements, you can quickly scale up or down the volume of content needed. This flexibility can be crucial during product launches, seasonal promotions, or when testing new marketing channels.
- Cost-efficiency: Outsourcing can offer significant cost savings because you don’t have to account for full-time salaries, benefits, and office resources, you can allocate more of your budget to other strategic marketing initiatives.
- Focus on strategic functions: Dedicate more time to strategic planning, campaign management, and data analysis, which are critical for the success of your marketing efforts.
Cons of outsourced copywriting
- Communication challenges: Coordinating with an outsourced team can sometimes lead to communication delays or misunderstandings. This can be incredibly challenging if there are significant timezone differences or language barriers.
- Quality control: You must establish expectations with your copywriter to ensure you receive a quality copy for each assignment. It might require more rigorous review and editing processes. Maintaining a consistent brand voice and style can be challenging when working with different writers.
- Limited brand knowledge: Depending on who you hire, different pieces of content need more deep-dive than you require of your brand that an in-house team might have. This could impact the authenticity and relevance of your content.
Marketing agency owner
For marketing agency owners, outsourced copywriting can be a strategic asset because you can offer your clients more services without taking on the liability of an additional employee headcount.
It provides access to a vast talent pool, scalability, and potential cost savings, enhancing your agency’s ability to deliver top-quality service to your clients.
Pros of outsourced copywriting
- Access to diverse skills and experiences: Outsourced copywriters bring various skills and industry-specific knowledge. This allows your agency to cater to a broader range of clients, enhancing your service portfolio and competitive edge.
- Scalability and flexibility: Adjust content production volume based on client needs. This can be particularly beneficial when managing multiple client accounts or during peak periods.
- Cost savings: Reduce overheads associated with full-time employees, such as workspace, equipment, and benefits. This can help improve your agency’s bottom line.
- Focus on core operations: Concentrate more on your agency’s core functions like client acquisition, account management, and strategic planning.
Cons of outsourced copywriting
- Communication challenges: Working with external teams can sometimes lead to communication delays or misunderstandings, impacting project timelines and client satisfaction.
- Quality control: Ensuring consistent quality across all client accounts can be challenging when working with outsourced teams. You may need to implement rigorous review and editing processes.
- Limited client knowledge: Outsourced copywriters may not be as familiar with your clients’ brands as an in-house team would be. This could affect the relevance and authenticity of the content produced.
- Potential issues with deadlines: If the outsourced team is in a different timezone, there may be delays in content delivery or revision responses. This could affect your client service levels.
What are common misconceptions about outsourcing copywriting?
While outsourcing copywriting tasks can offer you and your team many benefits, many business leaders shy away from this option because they think that outsourced copywriting is risky and difficult to manage.
Here are some of the main misconceptions people have when they think of outsourcing copywriting. I will also explain how you can avoid any adverse side effects that may come with outsourcing your content creation.
1. Outsourced copywriting is low-quality
Some believe outsourcing tasks to a copywriting agency automatically results in lower-quality content. This is often due to the assumption that the copywriter may need help understanding the specific nuances of their business or that they are hiring cheap, unqualified labor.
Don’t get me wrong, there are a lot of low-quality content creators out there, but this doesn’t mean that you should discount this entire strategy for your business.
Professional copywriters are trained to research and adapt to different industries and business needs. A skilled copywriter should be able to craft engaging and effective content regardless of the subject matter.
How to avoid: To ensure quality, thoroughly vet potential copywriters. Look at their portfolio, ask for samples relevant to your industry, and consider starting with a small project to assess their capabilities.
2. Outsourcing copywriting means you lose control over your content
Some people fear outsourcing their copywriting means losing control over their brand’s voice and messaging.
A good copywriter will work with you to understand your brand’s tone, style, and messaging guidelines. They will take direction from you and incorporate your feedback into their work.
How to avoid: To maintain control over your content, make sure to communicate your brand guidelines. Regularly review and provide feedback on the work provided to help your copywriter produce better content.
3. Outsourced copywriting is expensive
Some believe hiring an external copywriter will be more expensive than having an in-house team or doing it themselves.
While it’s true that professional copywriting services come at a cost, outsourcing can actually save money in the long run. You only pay for the work you need, without the overheads associated with full-time employees (like benefits, training, and equipment). Freelance website copywriting rates vary based on your industry, expertise of the writer, and many other factors.
How to avoid: To manage costs, establish a clear budget and project scope before starting work with a professional copywriter.
4. Copywriters won’t understand my business as well as an internal team
Some people think an external copywriter won’t understand their business or industry as profoundly as an internal team member.
What you’ll experience is that while an internal team member might have more intimate knowledge of your business, a good copywriter is an expert at researching and quickly understanding new industries. They bring a fresh perspective, often leading to innovative ideas and messaging.
How to avoid: Make sure you give your copywriter a thorough briefing about your business and industry. Be open to questions and provide them with access to relevant resources.
How much does outsourcing copywriting cost?
At this point, you likely see the benefits of outsourcing copywriting to a professional instead of hiring an in-house member to handle your copywriting needs. But what are the costs associated with outsourcing copywriting?
- SEO Blog Post Writing: Rates can vary widely based on the content’s length and complexity, the writer’s experience level, and the amount of SEO optimization required. Blog post copywriting usually range between $275 – $500 each, depending on the complexity of each piece of content.
- Email Sequence Copywriting: For a seasoned copywriter, the rate for email sequence copywriting was mentioned as $400 per email.
- Landing Page Copywriting: Landing pages can be pretty impactful for a business, particularly for sales, Google Ad campaigns, and SEO. The average fee range for professional landing pages was listed as $300 – 800 per page.
Several variables should be considered when evaluating these costs. The copywriter’s level of experience is crucial as more experienced writers often produce higher-quality content.
The word count of the desired content can influence the cost, as can the deadline for completion of the work, with rushed due dates likely to incur higher charges.
How to select the best services for your business
Now that we have looked at the average cost of some outsource copywriting projects, let’s look at how you can find the best copywriting services for your business.
Consider your budget
As you build a budget for marketing, be sure to account for the costs of outsourced copywriting services. To do this you need to consider the volume of content required, the level of expertise needed, and the frequency of content updates.
For example, if you require a copywriter with expert knowledge in a niche industry, then you should expect to pay more than if you were to hire a copywriter who is a generalist. The more niche and competitive your industry, the more you should expect to pay for outsourced copywriting services.
Review your team’s capabilities.
You should also think about your team’s current capabilities as you look to outsource blog content and web pages. For example, if your team has an editor and an SEO specialist, you may not need to hire a copywriter with these skills.
As a result, you can hire a copywriter who will only focus on producing content, and this can save you money in the long run compared to hiring a copywriter with the SEO and editing skills you’d need if you did not have another team member with those skills.
Experience and Quality
An experienced copywriter can ensure high-quality content, nuanced messaging, and effective communication. These considerations are crucial when choosing between outsourced services, as they directly impact the perceived value and professionalism of the brand.
Referrals, reviews, and ratings
A well-rated copywriter with positive reviews and strong referrals often indicates a proven track record, giving business owners confidence in their decision to outsource their copywriting needs.
Get the content you need with outsourced copywriting!
Outsourcing your copywriting needs can be a powerful tool for propelling your business forward. Experienced copywriters can craft SEO-optimized blog posts, impactful email sequences, and compelling landing pages that resonate with your audience.
Don’t let your business’s voice go unheard! At StrategyBeam, we craft compelling, SEO-driven content that resonates with your audience.
Our expert team is ready to deliver if you need engaging blog posts, persuasive email sequences, or powerful landing pages. Marketing directors, agency owners, and business owners alike, take the next step in your journey to success.
Contact StrategyBeam today for all your outsourced copywriting needs – we’re committed to helping your brand shine!